Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving and in keeping with the spirit of the holidays I am giving thanks today. Despite not being able to run and being nowhere close and not being able to skate, and being nowhere close I am still able to be thankful.

I am thankful for:
  • Being alive. It may be cliched, but although some things I am unable to do right now, I am upright and breathing. Sure beats the alternative.
  • My wife Becky. She is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. And despite this little road bumps that affect her as much as me, she remains supportive of me no matter how idiotic I can be.
  • Our dog Sam. Despite the fact that we've lost 3 dogs in just over a year, Sam is a miracle of sorts. He had a urinary infection that if we hadn't found it, he would be joining the list of "former" dogs. We saved his life twice.
  • Employment. In light of what is going on in the world today, I am lucky to have a good job that pays me fairly and I am able to support myself and my family.
  • Friends. It's a select group, but like they say at the end of It's a Wonderful Life. "No man is a failure who has friends".
  • A future. One which I hope sees me run the Boston Marathon. But if I never get there, I'll sure have had fun trying.

No sense in talking much about anything else today. Be thankful and happy. Happy Thanksgiving all.

No comments: