Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Relief and Then Worry

What is a running blog without running? I suppose we're going to find out, but for now it's an injury blog. Today I got what I thought might be good news that gave me some relief. I went to my foot doctor on Monday and was able to get in for an MRI on Tuesday. The results of which showed that I have a fracture of my navicular bone. I was relieved to finally know what was wrong, but obviously no running or any activity for 4-6 weeks is not something I'm looking forward to. It's a new chapter, and one I'm not really excited about. But it is what it is.

What I've read about navicular fractures are not pleasant, but I can at least take solace in the fact that it's a 'non-displaced' fracture and that gives it probably my best chance at healing correctly.

All I can do now is the next best thing which is to follow his instructions, use this walking boot and try to stay off of it as much as possible. That, and read and hope and pray.

There won't be any running for awhile and I'm almost assured of closing the book on the 2008 running calendar. But with a little luck, good graces and some good old fashioned rest, we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted along the way. I've got little else to do.

1 comment:

Tim said...

really sorry to hear that Vinny.
I'll be pullin' for ya to get that BQ in 2009 though!

sheehan