Sunday, November 2, 2008

Continued Struggles

I suppose perhaps you could call me impatient. I suppose. But six days after getting hit in the foot with a puck and one week since I ran at all, and frustration is beginning to set in.

I was able to skate today. In pain, but nonetheless, skated a game. I'm not sure it was the smart thing to do and I doubt that I helped my foot, but in a skate boot and with some added padding, I was able to get by.

I have one more game to work this Thursday and then I have an amazing 13 days off before I have to officiate again. That is unheard of in the middle of November, but it's a quirk in my schedule.

After today I feel as though my foot took two steps back and I'm seriously doubting going to Richmond. Still, I'll wait to see how I feel come Friday morning before making my "final" decision.

Ask me today, and I'll tell you that the chances are 90-10 against going.

No comments: