Sunday, August 26, 2007

1 and 2 = 3

One and two put together make three. Or twelve. Or both. Depends on your perspective. Today it was both. Putting one and two together gives me twelve weeks from today and I should be about done with the Philadelphia Marathon. It will be my fourth.

But today the number was also three. Three as in three miles. On doctor's orders I went to the track and did three miles. Unlike my last "comeback" I am not excited. I am not getting too high. I am simply glad that I was able to run three miles with no issues.

My foot is not 100%. I still feel uncomfort in there. But I was able to get through it pain free and for that I am nothing short of grateful today. It has really changed my perspective.

Yes, I am thinking of Philadelphia. But I am not worried too much about it. Boston; not even on my radar right now. Just running. That is my focus. There is time for all that other stuff.

No comments: