Friday, August 24, 2007

An Active Release

Finally disgusted with the waiting and the impatience, I made an appointment to see a Doctor. I heard about a local sports chiropractor at the gym last week and decided to give it a shot. After one session with Dr. E.J. Semelsberger at Pinnacle Chiropractic Sports and Spine Center (www.pcspineandsports.com) and one run through with the Active Release Technique (ART) (www.activerelease.com) I am well on my way to getting back on the roads. Well, sort of.

Based on doctor recommendations I will go run a few miles on the track this coming Sunday. I was told to run so that we could gauge how ART is working for me. That was exciting news and I am anxiously awaiting Sunday. I can honestly say that I feel better. Probably more mentally, but I also feel as if my foot has improved. I am no longer afraid to run. If it responds well, great. If not, at least I've got a treatment plan going and I should be back to normal fairly soon.

Twelve weeks and two days to go. There is still time!

No comments: