Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Pair of Elevens

Not shoes. Days. That's how long I was off from running while my foot was getting better. Today I got back out on the road and did a measley three miles, but it felt good to finally be training again.

I wouldn't say that I'm at 100%, but 95% for sure. No major hurdles throughout the run other than the humidity and fatigue. I was able to run and move around a little bit this week as I umpired the AAABA tournament and I think that helped me get back so quickly.

A week ago I would have felt there was no chance I was running for a minimum of two weeks. But once again, my mind was too negative. It felt great to be running again, and I'm going to be careful. My goal is to peak 14 weeks from tomorrow.

Maybe eleven is my lucky number? I suppose it could be my version of thirteen. Guess it depends on how you look at it. All I know is that a pair of elevens within three months of each other tells me I need to do more cross training and a little less focusing on speed all the time. Another lesson learned.

No comments: