Thursday, August 9, 2007

Change of Plans?

Today I read in the newspaper something that I have been wanting to read since I began running marathons just over a year ago. With plans to run in New York, Chicago and hopefully Boston someday, the city that was at the top of my list didn't exist. Anymore, anyway. After running for 19 years, the Pittsburgh Marathon called it quits. But after reading this article and then doing some web searching I am very confident that the Pittsburgh Marathon will return in 2008. I am in the process of gladly changing my plans if this is in fact the case.

With just over 9 months to go before the May 4 date that I read about, I can only imagine that it will be just weeks before hearing whether or not one of the top 20 marathons in the country will return.

I hope that by the time I'm into full training swing again and before I toe the line in my home state in November, I will also have plans to toe it again on the other side of the state closer to home. Pittsburgh, PA.

Having that option would be wonderful. And in an odd twist, I could complete something I hadn't intended to do when I began running marathons. Running the AFC North Division (Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh?). Weird, but it could happen. I wonder how many would be in that club?

No comments: