Monday, September 3, 2007

Progress?

It's been awhile since I posted, but with the holiday weekend that included a final run of umpiring and a fantasy draft that included guests in town I haven't had a ton of time to post.

I did get treated again last week and was discouraged by the pace of progress, but something amazing happened this weekend. I continued to improve again and was able to get in runs on Thursday and Sunday. That makes four consecutive training runs (without speed work as of yet), and yesterday included a four mile run - my longest thus far. A continued slow build up this week should lead me to hopefully a five miler or possibly some speed work. I'll play it by ear. With another treatment session planned for Wednesday I'm beginning to think that maybe the worst is behind me.

It was a long weekend though and I am tired. I missed a few workouts, but was able to squeeze in two rounds of 18 hole golf, three baseball games including one behind the plate and that four miler.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: