Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Race Date?

That's right. After nine consecutive training runs without issues I believe it is time to up the ante. I've been building my mileage slowly. Probably as slow as I ever have. But being careful is going to take me only so far. I think it is time to get back to a race. I haven't run one since July 21 and having only done six this year so far I am on pace to complete my fewest races in five years.

On October 7, I will run a 15k in Wilmington, DE when I will be at the beach for a greyhound gathering. It will test how far my progress has come, get me back to race conditions and determine where I am in terms of marathon readiness. Only three weeks until then, and when it's over I'll be heading into the homestretch with just six weeks left until the marathon. I cannot imagine more perfect timing. Now I just need to run.

No comments: