Thursday, September 6, 2007

Getting Back Into the Groove

Six consecutive training runs. Even though I haven't instituted any speedwork as of yet, I might do that this weekend. I don't classify myself as being fully back and I've got to take extra care not to have any more setbacks.

There are but 10 weeks and 3 days to go and I am intent on running this thing. I have learned quite a bit over the past month. I also understand the limits of the body and how important rest plays a part in being a runner.

In order to "up the ante", I'll forego doing Yasso 800's and do mile repeats. I might start with two on Saturday. It may behoove me to wait one more week to incorporate speed training so I'll listen to my body and decide.

I wouldn't say I'm back, but I'm getting back into the groove and it feels good.

No comments: