Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Incredible Feet

Or what about one foot? Today is January 1 and begins 2009. Normally I don't have many plans for New Year's Day and this year was no different. I watch the Winter Classic and a little football and have the traditional hot dogs, saurkraut and kielbasa. Today I awoke to a big breakfast and a nice hot cup of coffee. Then I decided to take my 1-mile walk.

When I reached the 1/2 mile turnaround point, I felt so good I decided I might try a little light jogging. And for fear of sounding like Forrest Gump, that's what I did. I jogged to the normal 1-mile mark of my running course and turned back running back to the place where I started. Then I walked the 1/2 mile back home. It was only a mile, and it wasn't very fast but my foot passed a fairly important test today. Yes, it was a little bit sore but I ran with a normal gait and plan on continuing to work at it. The fact that it was unexpected makes it a glorious day for me and what I hope is the start of a great year ahead.

2 comments:

Bert said...

Glad to see you are back to running, or maybe just jogging for now. Best wishes for 2009?

Vince said...

Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm officially "back" to running yet. Dealing with a little soreness today and no plans to run again until maybe next week. I want to see how things go.