Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Day and One Step at a Time

Although I'm walking and was dumb enough to run a little on Thursday, this weekend has given me the reminder that I've had a broken bone in possibly the worst place possible; especially for runners. I dealt with swelling and some residual pain in my foot after trying that little stunt on Thursday.

Walking is not what I would describe as 100% comfortable, but thinking back I am not limping as I was when I didn't know I had a broken bone. After long walks I still have some pain and today was no exception. I walked a mile and a half and have some discomfort over the break area. I continue to question the medical profession and with my next follow-up appointment now eight days away I wonder when and if this thing will ever allow me to run to the levels I've run before. It angers me, but I am happy that I am able to walk, able to get around and am confident that perhaps at some point I will be able to push my envelope once again.

Perhaps I have pushed it too far for the type of injury I have. Who knows. I've got questions, and far too few answers.

No comments: