Monday, June 11, 2007

Running Along the Charlie

I came to Boston wanting to experience it, and hoped that she would talk to me. This morning I got to run along the Charles River and experienced all the flavor of New England. I swear I've run races with less people running around me.

When you picture a run like this you picture the skyline in the background with row teams in tow. So often in life when you get to experience something that you've been envisioning it ends up being a bit of a disappointment. No such thing here. It was all I expected it to be and then some.

O.k., so it was just a five mile run. Big deal right? Not if you're a runner. I planned on heading across the river and up into Harvard University, but I got so caught up in the run that I was out too long and will have to check Harvard off my list tomorrow or Wednesday.

I also found the finish line. The one I will cross someday in the future. I will get a photo of it before I leave this place, but I re-enacted coming down the homestretch and pictured the throng of people clapping and yelling and cheering me on. It wasn't the same, but for now it will have to do.

I came here with a purpose and so far I'm on track to take away what I hoped I would.

No comments: