Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's O-Philly-ficial

Not that I hadn't already posted that I decided to do the Philadelphia Marathon in November, but as of yesterday it is official. I am registered and as a result, now 100% committed to heading east.

Oddly enough, my previous three marathons have been outside the boundaries of my home state of Pennsylvania. And oddly even more is that it will take me as long or longer to get to Philadelphia than it did to reach my previous destinations (Cleveland, Baltimore and Cincinnati).

Either way, it should be a good week. Summer heat lies ahead, but the cool down will come just about the time I need it. And I'm hoping that I can make just as much of a stride this year in the fall as I did last year.

I'm close and feel as though it is time. I can only hope and pray that my body is up to the challenge and I run into a spatter of good luck as I move forward.

Official training is still four weeks away, but today I begin doing some speed work and will gradually increase my long runs starting tomorrow. It's not official training yet, but it feels like it now that I'm officially registered.

No comments: