Sunday, June 10, 2007

PR and a Flight

The last time I was on an airplane was in 2003. I was in Las Vegas and got up the morning of our flight home and ran a 10k race before departing.

Ironically, I woke yesterday morning and ran a 10k race before getting a flight to Boston. Several things were different this time. In 2003 I ran perhaps the toughest 10k course I've ever run and clocked just over 49 minutes. Then we experienced the worst flight in the history of aviation. O.k., it might not have been in the history of aviation, but it was the worst I've ever experienced. I vowed to never get on a plane again.

This time, I clocked a PR time of 41:40 and despite my four year hiatus, I did get on a plane and this time it wasn't that bad. A bit bumpy but nothing horrible.

Amazingly, my body has fully recovered and I knocked off 1:57 off my previous PR. All this despite a difficult course (2nd toughest). I think that perhaps I am feeling much better and have recovered from Cincinnati, and I capitalized on my good fitness from all that training.

No comments: