Thursday, June 21, 2007

Crazy Month of June

I wouldn't say I was necessarily a world traveler, but with a 5-day stint in Boston, followed by a 5-day stint on holiday with the wife in Ocean City, Maryland I've certainly had to focus extra hard to stay on track.

It is always nice running in new settings and on somewhat unfamiliar ground. But it is also a bonus to be at home running on familiar territory. I have certainly missed that and am anxious to settle back into my normal routine. I am fatigued and have probably put on a few pounds. Eating schedules and running schedules have been a mess. But now that I have put the summer travel behind me I look to build up over the next five weeks in preparation for my official Philly training. It's sort of the build up before the build up. Nothing really "official", but always with an eye to the near future.

July 31. That's the official first day of training. But before then, it's a gradual build up to 10 mile long runs over the next five weeks. I'll sprinkle some speedwork in as well to help springboard my training toward what I hope will be a Boston qualifier.

No comments: