Monday, December 24, 2007

It's a Wonderful Life

It's Christmas Eve and my annual ritual of watching It's a Wonderful Life will take place tonight. It is my favorite movie of all time. Yes, it's sappy and yes, it's cliched but the bottom line is what better time of year to realize just how wonderful life is.

Running absolutely has added to the wonder of this particular life and I am grateful for the ability that I have been given. Tonight and tomorrow, it's not about Boston or time or speed work or hill repeats. I will rise tomorrow morning and go through the tradition of exchanging gifts with my wife. I'll have a cup of coffee and perhaps a cookie or two (hey, it's the holidays). Then I'll head out on a nice and easy 5-miler to start off the new week of running that will close out the final week of 2007.

In the next eight days I will run for the joy of running and I will reflect back. But for the next 24 hours I will enjoy my time to rest, relax and recharge.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments: