Monday, December 17, 2007

5k Finally

After a couple different ice storms and delaying it by three days, I finally went over the 5,000 mile mark of all time last evening. I did it on the treadmill in my basement. No fanfare. Nothing special. Just running in front of the television by myself. I kind of expected that it would happen outside someplace, but it ended up being in the comforts of home.

I had planned on doing it Thursday until an early morning ice and rainstorm hit just before waking up. So I planned on doing just enough mileage to get to 5,000 on Saturday morning until I was offered a chance to go to see Pitt/Oklahoma State. That meant it would be Sunday morning. But another wicked ice and snowstorm hit late Saturday and carried into Sunday. I thought it would subside by yesterday early afternoon. When it didn't I went through with my normal routine of watching the Raiders game and then shortly after the men in black lost to Indianapolis, 21-14 I went to the basement for my epic milestone.

A whole new meaning to the term 5k. 5,000 down, who knows how many to go.......

No comments: