Friday, July 20, 2007

Graspin' for Topics

And so I've chosen the next big race. And I've continued to train and run. And so time goes on. Not much to write about really.

My years are very phase-oriented. Fall is when it begins to get hectic. School will begin and so will hockey and time will not seem that plentiful. It will stay that way through Christmas, when a short break will give way to more craziness in the dead of winter. But in the middle of July, when umpiring and my regular job are my only callers, time can draw out like a blade (see Shawshank Redemption). Actually, it's not that bad. It's a change of pace. It's reward for the hard work and little sleep that will encompass me from late August/early September through late April/early May.

And so I am in the laid back days of summer. Perhaps I'll run the Citizens Helping Citizens 5k tomorrow morning in Indiana, PA. It's speed work with a t-shirt. Although this isn't the best plan, I'll plan on going unless I get up too late to get there.

Much like when I was a kid; I love summer.

No comments: