Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another Week Already?

The dog days of summer. Typically that's sometime in August, but since I'm approaching a new training regimen at the end of this month, it feels like the dog days. No "formal" training going on other than a week to week schedule that I build upon week by week.

As a result, I've gotten into a sort of "funk". The running is going great, but I noticed last night that I've slacked off on the blog. So I decided to hit it up with another post today.

My running schedule has been kind of erratic lately. I typically followed a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday schedule with speedwork on Fridays or Saturdays but I've done a lot of Wednesday and Friday running of late. Various circumstances have come about, and that is one of the beauties of not being into "formal" training mode. Flexibility. When I get into "formal" training I follow a schedule fairly rigid and don't deviate unless it's absolutely necessary.

But that is not the case during the dog days. Take today for example. I did my usual Tuesday 4 yesterday and then followed up with another 4 this morning because Becky is out of town at training again. Rather than getting back on the dreadmill in the humid basement tomorrow morning, I went back to back. That will allow me an extra day of rest before doing speedwork either this Friday or Saturday (informal training flexibility). Not to mention I'm in charge of the dogs until Beck gets back tomorrow. Maybe that's why it feels like the "dog" days, huh?

No comments: