Thursday, May 24, 2007

DIS and EN...It's a Start

DIScouraged. I would be lying if I said I wasn't. It's been 18 days since the marathon and I have jogged a 5k, and jogged 1 1/2 miles. My ankle has been slow to heal (by my standards), and I'm nowhere near ready at this point for my next scheduled race. That would be the Daily American 10k in Somerset on June 9. Two weeks from this Saturday.

I'm also DIScouraged while being ENcouraged at the same time. Today I ran 2 miles!! Nothing by my standards, but considering I was limping doing the 1 1/2 on Sunday, progress is still progress, right? I'm a tiny bit sore, but I was able to run with my own gait and not limp at all.

But back to DIScouragement. Those 2 miles were horrible. I am starting over again. I doubt I'll be completely ready for that 10k. I doubt it will take long for my wind to return, but after nearly collapsing into my driveway this morning, I have reasons to be both EN and DIS. Hopefully before long I'll be able to say that I'm only EN.

It feels great to be running again.

No comments: