Saturday, April 18, 2009

Age? Background?

I haven't decided yet if I like this new background or not. I do like changing things up, but I have to give it a little more time to decide if this is the background I'm choosing for the next several months. Any readers' thoughts are greatly appreciated.

In November I'll turn 39. In the last year or so I have had a number of people tell me that I'm not getting younger (or some variation of that). And so lately as I continue to struggle with my bum knee and trying to get back to some kind of rhythm I wonder at what point can you truly say that you are getting older? I suppose some of the other things that people say can be equally true. Things like, "you're only as old as you feel" and "age is just a number", but now more than ever I wonder if 40 is that magic number that so many have told me about. Even though I'm still a year and a half away I am going through some changes that I know have affected my ability to overcome injuries (even slight ones) quickly; like I used to.

I still look back and know that my foot break was a very serious issue and I'm now dealing with the "comeback" issues that I knew would come along with it. My knee has reached a new level of frustration as I have yet to try and get back to some light running. I thought that day might be tomorrow. I'm tempted to do it today. With 15 days until the Pittsburgh Half-Marathon I'm realizing that I probably should take the high road and back out altogether. Will I? Stay tuned...

No comments: