Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Tune Up Race

This weekend was supposed to be my 30k tune up race, but due to being on the crew (not sure yet if I'm lining or refereeing) for the state class AA championship game held at the historic Cambria County War Memorial Arena I have 'settled' for a local 5k run. Ironically enough it was a race I had a direct hand in starting at my former job. The Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Spring to Success 5k will be held this Saturday morning and is the former Fall Frolic that was missed this past fall. They have changed the location of the course and instead of a 5k/10k choice format limited it to a 5k walk or run. So I'm not sure if you can call it formally the 3rd Annual Penn Highlands race or not, but I will. And to date it will be the only race I have run since its' inception.

With an officiating assignment during the afternoon it will be another day to remember for me since I have never run a race and then worked a game (especially of this magnitude) before. But the marathon training has suffered enough. I will run the race to see where I am. I'm feeling good about the recovery I've made in the past two weeks, and hope to continue onward strong toward Frederick.

No comments: