Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008: Endless Possibilities

Happy New Year! Not feeling real well today, so despite planning on a new year run, I took the day off and hope that the rest will keep me from missing more time.

Missed the ball drop last night because I was on the internet. Not a big deal to me. I've never been much into the new year thing. This small sampling of my goals for 2008 are about the extent of it for me. Here's hoping for a great 2008.

Running goals as of right now:
  • Qualify for Boston; plain and simple.
  • Run 1,000 miles or more in 2008.
  • PR in at least two races this coming year (do #1 and this one is half done too)

That's about it for now. Trying to keep it simple and making sure I have my eye on the prize. It's going to be hard work. January 1, 2008. My current condition makes it seem even harder than it will be, but I'll rebound. Training for Frederick begins in just two weeks. I have a feeling that the possibilities are endless in the next twelve months.

Happy New Year all.

1 comment:

lkfbruins2 said...

Good lucky on your very ambitious 2008 goals. Hey, we have a lot in common! I'm a runner, too, and also an alum of St. Francis College (University, whatever they're calling it now) as is my husband. I'm originally from your area (Ebensburg in Cambria county to be exact). We live in Chicago now-- have you ever considered running "our" marathon?!?!

Linda Flanagan