Sunday, January 13, 2008

Begins Real Again

With a crisp 7-miler today, I officially enter the 16 week period leading up to Frederick on May 4. I recall thinking while I was running today that it begins real again. I slowly and gradually took care of myself (and gained a couple pounds) since the week before Thanksgiving and the Philly Marathon. Now, with "official" training beginning on Tuesday morning I begin again.

I am not putting any added pressure on myself, yet I feel I have to qualify this time out. I've got a plan and a vision, and a self-proclaimed date with destiny. I am planning on the first weekend in May being a culmination of six years of hard work, sweat, education and tears. A Boston qualifier is what I'm after and rather than talking about it, I'm going out and earning it. Sixteen weeks from today I'll have completed the journey and will have plenty to look back upon.

No comments: