Friday, May 21, 2010

7G

No, I am not inventing the newest generation of iPhone. I surpassed another milestone with my Wednesday morning run crossing over the 7,000 mile mark all time. Normally I celebrate these minor milestones but for some reason I was asleep at the switch and missed the fact that I had surpassed the mark until I was logging my workout into my log yesterday.

I looked back to see when I had crossed the 6,000 mile mark and to my surprise I had hit that number on June 23, 2009. As a result I am encouraged that I have done 1,000 miles in just under 11 months time. Since I began running seven plus years ago I have always strived to run 1,000 miles in a year but had yet to do it (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31). This lets me know that barring any unforseen circumstances I should be able to cross 1,000 miles sometime around Thanksgiving week.

But as we runners know, unforeseen circumstances have a way of cropping up from time to time. Still, I am encouraged to have done 1,000 miles in less than a calendar year and proud of my latest accomplishment that I will now refer to as crossing the 7G.

No comments: