Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ocean City to Sacramento and Back

Yesterday morning I hit another milestone. One that I expected to hit over six months ago, but thanks to my little hiccup with a broken foot it took a lot longer than expected. This time it was hitting my 6,000th mile running (since I started running for the sake of running back in 2003). It was a quiet milestone that I forgot I was hitting until I came home and went to log it into my log. I actually got this one about 1/4 of a mile into the run so I was basically just warming up.

Having just gotten back from my summer vacation in Ocean City, Md. it reminded me of a sign as you are leaving Ocean City on Route 50. I don't remember seeing it last year or this year, but there used to be a sign that read, Sacramento, CA 3,073. If that mileage is accurate I could have trekked from Ocean City to Sacramento and "almost" back by going over mile number 6,000.

Tomorrow: More steps toward 7,000....

No comments: