Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Must Be Crazy

After refereeing a college hockey game last night and having some pizza and wings with the boys, I got to bed around 11:30, falling asleep watching the Red Sox game. With a 12:15 p.m. youth game to work today I had to be out on the road no later than 8:00 a.m. or so to get my 20-miler in today. Even though I woke up feeling a bit groggy and sore, I managed to push myself out the door and did my 10-mile loop twice to squeeze in my twent-miler. That left me just enough time to shower up and head to my game.

Despite this absolute craziness, I feel pretty good and am amazed with the ability my body has shown recovering from running a marathon (and a tough one for me) just two weeks ago. With 26 days to go until my next marathon I am feeling pretty confident and will taper now, taking an extra week to prepare my body for the damage I will inflict upon it in Richmond.

I suffered today and finished off a pretty good week. Although I'm sore, I'm in fairly good shape. I've got two hockey games to work tomorrow night and found that today's hockey after the run actually helped loosen me up a bit. I can only hope that tomorrow night does more of the same.

No comments: