Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Weekly

Still in limbo on topics, but in keeping with at least a weekly post, decided to write about my 10-miler today. Wish I had this type of day when the marathon comes around. I have been struggling lately with some fatigue and haven't felt the greatest on my runs. Forgive me for being skeptical as I headed out the door today, but after officiating some Tier I midget games on Friday and Saturday (real leg burners) I wasn't very confident that today would be all that productive.

As I headed out in the low 50's temperatures it was evident that my legs were kind of dead, but I was very happy with the cool day. Fortunately, after a few miles I felt as though my legs got under me a bit. As it turned out I got stronger as the run went on and when I had finished I did a BQ run and had perhaps my best run in weeks.

Just goes to show you...you can't predict a run, no matter how much you think you can.

No comments: