Friday, July 4, 2008

FNG and a 15k Finish

Yes, you can tell it's summer. Posting goes by the wayside a bit. For some reason it seems easier to post in the winter. Whatever the reason, it is what it is. I post when I can post. Today, a little catch-up; and ketchup once I get the grill going, but first thing's first.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

I celebrated the same way I did last year. I ran the Hollidaysburg Area YMCA 15k run in Altoona, PA. Thanks to fellow hockey official and occasional commenter on this website I have pics of me and the two guys who finished ahead of me. After running a minute and 20 seconds slower than last year (my 15k PR) and not finishing in the top three, I'll take the 3rd place finish.

3rd place finish at the 15k
photo courtesy of: Tim Sheehan.

This week was also the week we finally dove into getting a new dog. On Monday, we got the newbie and after spending the past year with two female greyhounds, we decided we missed a boy in our life. I'm beginning to remember why we went to two girls. No, it's not that bad but he is definitely a bit on the 'touched' side. A little wild and crazy and definitely no boundaries. Fortunately Vee likes him and he seems to be adjusting to our lifestyle. Or the othe way around, I'm not sure. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sam Adams:

Sam Adams....the dog.

Other than that busy week I ran the Daily American 10k on June 14 before our vacation and finished in a solid 42:19, so the running has been going well. Latest news: I have decided that my 6th marathon will be in Richmond, Virginia on November 15. Chosen because of it's flat-ness, time of year (weather should be alright) and because it is a Saturday marathon. I love those. More races should do that. Official training will begin in a couple of weeks. For now, I enjoy the summer. Below are two additional pics from today. The shirt and race logo and the hat is what I won for taking 3rd place. Ranks as one of the weirdest awards. I prefer medals, but whatever. A visor doesn't suite my bald head.


No comments: