Sunday, July 27, 2008

All Streaks Must Come to an End

After last Sunday's debacle, I thought I would take Tuesday off and be back on the roads on Thursday. As it turned out, I think I had a touch of the flu and missed Thursday as well. With a golf tournament yesterday and "official" Richmond training beginning this week I figured I'd take the week off and finally got back on the roads today. It was a quick five miler, but it proved to be challenging because of the break and because my body is still a bit tired.

With today's run I also saw my string of ten consecutive BQ runs come to an end. I actually wanted to see it end today and subconsciously tried to keep from hitting my mark for an eleventh consecutive run. I wanted to do away with that theory of running and get a fresh start this week. I have adjusted my schedule slightly and will be back out on the roads tomorrow for the first of hopefully many productive runs that will wind up with me crossing the finish line on November 15 reveling in a BQ marathon run!

No comments: