Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Once A Week

I don't plan on making it a habit to post only once a week. Too many other circumstances (hockey, illness, work) have gotten in the way of late. I have been battling illness for the better part of two weeks and yesterday it kind of got the best of me. I didn't do my morning run, although I lifted weights, but had to leave work early and today am on a very rare sick day.

With 5 nights of refereeing in the next 6 nights, I plan on taking it easy today, maybe have some soup and try to get beyond this as quickly as possible. I suppose so goes winter. With over 11 weeks to go until Frederick, I'm not what I would consider "on schedule", but I'm not far off despite my low mileage. I'm not panicking. At least it's not injury. (I hope I don't eat those words).

2 comments:

Tim said...

Vinny,
I went through that illness thing a few weeks ago...really sucks for training doesn't it?
Keep up the good work and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get your BQ!

P.S. do you think your reffing/skating enhances or detracts from your running/training?

Tim Sheehan

Vince said...

I think skating enhances my training. It's use of different muscles than running with all the benefit of aerobics.