Thursday, November 1, 2007

Doin' the 2 1/2 Splits

The actual heading for this post was either going to be:
  • 2 1/2 Weeks? or
  • Doin' the Splits

In lieu of either, I combined the two and came up with Doin' the 2 1/2 splits. Now to explain. I couldn't believe it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I posted on my running blog. It's not been due to lack of running. In fact, I've been doing plenty of that. After doing the 14, I was able to do 18 the following Sunday and this past weekend did 20, albeit of the different variety.

I had read about doing longer runs in split fashion. So due to timing issues and wanting to see how it worked out for me, I did exactly that. I ran 10 miles on Sunday morning. I came home, ate lunch, watched my Raiders lose another game and then headed back out for another 10 miler.

What I learned was that doing 20 miles in that fashion is much less of an impact on my joints. I actually had very little residual effects of those miles come Monday morning.

Also, ironically enough, I am in the middle of a 2 1/2 week split right now. I haven't posted in that length of time, and that is how long I have remaining until the Philadelphia Marathon. Am I ready? One never knows. But I will go and will finish. It's just a matter of how long it takes. Here's hoping it doesn't take 2 1/2 weeks.

No comments: