Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still Here and Still Runnin'

I didn't go back and look to confirm this, but since I started this blog over two years ago I believe this is the longest I've gone without a post. Summer is definitely a time when I do slack a bit on putting updates on here. I'm not sure why that is, but possibly because there is so much more outdoor activity available and I find that I'm not in front of the computer as much. Who knows for sure?

For those that follow along with this blog (and I have no idea how many regular readers I have), I probably should do better. I will.

For the most up to date of updates, today I did a 12-miler. Besides the "jogged" half-marathon in Pittsburgh today was another banner day for me. It's getting over one more hurdle. My feet and legs are sore from time to time and I still deal with some minor pain but nothing out of the ordinary and nothing to be concerned with at the moment. In fact, my racing has been going very well and my training overall has been going well. I decided to give up alcohol upon returning from the beach (5 weeks ago today), until the marathon. I am happy to report that despite playing in some golf outings, going to several graduation parties and last night going to a wedding, I have kept my hands off of the stuff. I am feeling stronger running. Correlation? Not sure, but mentally it's helping me. I cannot wait, however, for a beer after the Chicago Marathon. I might not even make it back to the hotel before downing one.

I've got several races planned in the coming weeks and next weekend I go out for a 14-miler. I'm ahead of schedule from where I thought I would be, and that's a big plus.

Thanks for reading...

No comments: