Monday, August 25, 2008

Off Topic: Favorite Movie Quotes

Not sure why, maybe just out of boredom and lack of anything else to write. Maybe it was the thought of this exchange in Rocky Balboa:

Paulie: You're gonna do alright, Rock.
Rocky: How do you know that Paulie?
Paulie: The stuff in the basement.

I've often said you've got to have the stuff in the basement in order to be successful. Anyway, it got me thinking of just some of my favorite movie quotes of all time. Here is a sampling.

Shawshank Redemption:
Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying.

The Green Mile:
Old Paul Edgecomb: We each owe a death, there are no exceptions, I know that, but sometimes, oh God, the Green Mile is so long.

Paul Edgecomb: The man is mean, careless, and stupid. Bad combination in a place like this.

Old Paul Edgecomb: I guess sometimes the past just catches up with you, whether you want it to or not.

Forrest Gump:
Forrest Gump: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both.

Forrest Gump: Sometimes, I guess there's just not enough rocks.

It's A Wonderful Life:
Clarence: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?

Clarence: Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends.

George Bailey: I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.

I could have done hundreds more of these, but obviously these are from 4 of my favorite movies of all time.

No comments: