Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Final Push

Yesterday I did my 18-miler and passed the test with somewhat flying colors. It was yet another example of how I am totally affected by weather. The temperature hovered just below and just above 40 degrees and with the sun shining brightly it was an enjoyable experience for the most part. I did want to stop around mile 16 but pushed through my negative thoughts and completed the run and felt good about it when it was over. I could only keep thinking how miserable I might have been if it had been raining or snowing or much colder. Anyway, next weekend will be my 20-miler and then the four week taper. I'm "cramming" for the Boston Marathon. Not what I had hoped to do but it is where I am at the moment.

Even though I love Wedding Crashers because I think it is one of the funnier films of all-time I can't help but recall the line from Senator Cleary (Christopher Walken) to his daughter Claire Cleary (Rachel McAdams) that seems to fit right now:

"We have no way of knowing what lays ahead for us in the future. All we can do is use the information at hand to make the best decision possible."

No comments: